What is diazepam and what is it used for?
You should always have a basic idea of medicines which you can use to treat certain ailments. This is true that you should never take a medicine without the consent of a doctor but if you have a general idea, you can take medicine on your own in emergency situations. For example, during a muscle spasm, there is no time to call a doctor and if you have a good understanding about the medicines which you can take in this condition, then you will save yourself from certain problems. There are many things which must be known before self-medication and it is important to learn the ailments for which you can take a certain medicine. In addition to this, you should also be aware of the situation when you are not recommended to take a specific medicine. In this article, we will talk about Diazepam 10mg Galenika 30 tabs and what it can do for you.
This medicine is used for different purposes but the main reasons why doctors would suggest you taking it are as follows:
- It is used to treat anxiety, stress, and depression
- It helps in resolving many sleep disorders, including insomnia
- It helps to bring relief in seizures and fits, especially in children through rectal tube
- It is a great medicine to fight withdrawal symptoms of alcohol and substance abuse
- It can help you reduce the intensity of your muscular spasms
When not to take Diazepam?
There are certain conditions when you should avoid taking this medicine. If taken under these circumstances, it will bring more bad consequences as compared to the good ones. Therefore, it is important to know these things and you must always share these things with your doctor in order to let him reach the best decision.
- You should not use the medicine if you are allergic to benzodiazepines
- You must tell your doctor if you have acute kidney or liver malfunctions
- If you have a condition of sleep apnea, you should avoid taking this medicine
- People with personality disorder are not advised to take this medicine
- If you are addicted to alcohol and consume a large quantity in a day, you should not take it
- People with low level protein in their blood streams should never take diazepam
- People who are more than sixty-five years of age must avoid this medicine
Some side effects:
There are certain side effects of this prescribed medicine and this is why it is not advisable to get addicted to it. Therefore, you should never take this medicine for more than a month and should give a break before you start getting dependent on it for your survival! With excessive usage of this drug, you might feel muscular weakness which can create hinderance in lifting heavy weights for a short time. Some people have also reported speaking issues and poor co-ordination of their brain with regular consumption of this medicine.